People say ‘Alberta is not an NDP province.’
And I say they are right.…
Alberta doesn’t belong to a political party.
Alberta belongs to Albertans.
Rachel Notley 3 May, 2015
Why do I think NDP ALBERTA will win?
31% more people voted in the advance polls. 12% more voters registered this election.
A friend quipped: “Because they have a choice and can imagine change!”
Why is Rachel winning? Insert here all of the polls, the articles east west north south about Rachel’s skill, gifts, history, talents.
Here’s the poll that was published the day before the election with huge NDP numbers and a majority government predicted. Will this come true? Who knows.
Hypothetical begins with the same letter as Hope! It is now 1:29pm election day and I can manage hope for a few more hours until we all gather to watch the election returns and come to know what has transpired.
Why will Rachel win? Imagine the wonderful community, the excellent numerous campaign workers and the well-funded campaign and you have a story about the transformation of Alberta.
Will NDP win? The opposition underwhelms —
- The PC’s leader Prentice has the charm of a board-room bureaucrat.
- The Wild Rose limps on with a leader who might win votes. Fenceposts have been elected in Alberta.
- The Alberta Party barely breathes.
- The Green Party makes excellent arguments but doesn’t have the voter base.
But NDP Alberta is soaring. (please don’t disappoint, Alberta)
- Watch Rachel destroy the Liberal, PC and Wild Rose leaders in debate, watch here.
- Watch and listen to her big rally speech last Sunday to 1500 enthusiastic supporters. Her talk begins about 5:30.
- Interested in looking at the NDP video ads from their excellent campaign? Here are some of them including “Kick the PC Habit” campaign.
- Everyone was looking for the Notley Crue t-shirt invented by NDP campaigners. You can order them here.
- Or you can buy the “Keep Calm and Notley On” shirt off my back but I’m not selling!